RobotStudio event

How to obtain the quaternion data when the robot moves in planned path ?

Options
At present, I obtain the quaternion data by setting another multitask(T_back) and this method also get the quaternion data.But when the robot moves along the planned path, the acquired quaternion data won't update in time. How can I solve this problem and obtain the changed data real time ? Please answer my question. Thanks!

Comments

• why not answer my question?please!
  • j_proulx
    Options
    You will need to get the option Robot Reference Interface. It is include in the latest RobotWare with the option Externally Guided Motion (689-1). See section 9.4 of the attached manual. Using RAPID alone will not give you high speed position updates.

Robot Reference Interface supports data exchange on the cyclic channel. It provides the possibility to periodically send planned and actual robot position data from the robot controller, as well as the exchange of other RAPID variables from and to the robot controller. The message contents are represented in XML format and are configured using appropriate sensor configuration files.
    The cyclic communication channel (TCP or UDP) can be executed in the high-priority network environment of the IRC5 Controller which ensures a stable data exchange up to 250Hz.
  • Thank your answer! Our robot is 4400 and the RobotWare is 5.60 supported by ABB, can we update the lastest RobotWare or buy the option Robot Reference Interface? Hope to your reply, thanks!
  • j_proulx
    Options
    Hello. RRI is available with RW 5.6. IT is option  897-1 Robot Reference Interface. Contact your local ABB sales rep to obtain the proper license key. Attached is a manual from that time frame.
  • OK,thank you very much!I will try it with your advice.
  • Hello, I have bought the RRI opition (897-1 Robot Reference Interface) by your advice, and now I finished the relative configuration, but how can I obtain the robot quaternion in our Labview program? please give me some advice, thanks!