RobotStudio event

Error Code 50058 (angle of the torch) [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
Dear sirs,

i get a strange error code, when i try to adjust the torch at a given angle.
The Techpannel creates the error message:"Z-direction of the torch is nearly parallel to the welding direction" Error Code is: 50058. We are welding pipes and the torch stays while the pipe rotates around the torch. It is possible to adjust the torch, so that no error accoured, but thats not the angle we would like to use in the welding process.

Thank you very much for your help and your time!

Comments

• mattdavis
    Options

are you using the rotating workobject that is attached to the rotator?

If you do this then the robot should calculate a circular path that results in the torch staying still and not having any issues with seam track etc. 

If the robot is just staying still then it wont be able to calculate weaving properly.

mattdavis2010-10-25 01:28:04
  • Hello Matt,

thank you very much for your answer.
    I didnt quite understand your explanation.

We position the robot near the gap of the valves we want to weld, calculate a circular path and let the pipes rotate. The robot tracks the seam via a laser scanner. The process works seems to work ok. But if we put the torch to a more "falling position" we get the error code.

Thanks to all of you!

• mattdavis
    Options
    might not be your problem then if you are calculating the circular path, I just had the same error when I tried to do pipe welding without using the rotating workobject.

• osku
    Options
    Hello,

I've had a similar problem when the torch angle has been almost tangential to the calculated circular path (torch dragging). So from the robot point of view it seems like path would be in the wire direction. I had this problem specially with smaller diameter pipes (about 20mm). The correction in my case was to adjust the torch angel and also the position in the weld direction. Usually I didn't want to adjust the torch angle too much so I just moved the TCP away from the top dead centre to avoid this tangential problem. If possible, it could be worth trying also in your case.

-Osku
  • Hello Matt, hi Osku!

Thanks for your reply.
    @matt: It is a problem for us, cause we cant place the torch in the exact place and angle we would like.

@osku:
    That is the same situation here. The error comes, if the torch is almost tangential to the path. I am interested in moving the TCP. Doesen't that cause problems with the laserscanner? How did you do this? Did you change the tool settings?

peter

• osku
    Options
    Hi Peter

Actually I found the problem in a different case, so I didn't have a laser scanner involved then. But the correction for me was to move the torch a bit and modify the position. So I didn't modify the TCP, sorry for the unclear explanation.

What radius the pipes are? I guess there is nothing much to do for the path calculation if the path is circular and the torch is exactly tangential. Maybe one thing could be to rotate the tcp value for that weld (just a bit). I think the rotation shouldn't affect the laser much because the distance between laser tcp and the torch tcp would stay the same. It's a workaround but maybe it would work. Haven't tried this myself so this is just guessing though :) 

Are you using Bull's Eye or have you teached the TCP by yourself?

-Osku