RobotStudio event

Problems writing variables [WebWare SDK]

Options

I have an application running in the robot that has to comunicate with a computer. In this application i use flags (persistent variables), and i have no problems to read the flags while the program is running, but when i try to write them i can't.

I'm using the interlink to comunicate with the robot and checking the variables with an OPC server explorer or with an application in C. It could be that the variables are only write-only defined? how could i change this?

I've found out that when i don't have the program running, and i'm using the robot with the programation unit, if i'm in the screen of movement i can change the values of the variables, but this is not useful because once i go back to the screen of the program i can't change them.

I'm running the program in manual mode.

Thanks in advance

Juan

Comments

• RussD
    Options
    In general, you need to be in automatic mode to reliably write to variables. Under certain conditions, the TPU may take mastership and prevent data write access. In automatic mode, this conditon should not happen. RussD38638,6198958333
    Russell Drown
  • Juan
    Options

Thank you Russell

I was testing the program in manual mode, and i didn't realize it could be that. I've run it in atomatic mode and there was no problem in writing the variables.