RobotStudio event

IRB4400 Model issues

Options

Hi,

I was wondering if the previously mentioned FIX for IRB4400 robot models was distributed with RS 3.2.  I was also wondering if the FIX covered the 4400S.   I just started using RS a couple of months ago.

There seem to be some inconsistencies in the model for the 4400S.    Sometimes it will think it is at the end of the linear move range, but you can then joint move much, much farther, especially in the Z direction.  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the 4400S is usually mounted at a 30 degree angle, but when you import it, it is flat, so I did a change robot world and rotated it 30 degrees.   Please advise if this was not the correct technique.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Wagner

Comments

• Hi Dave,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

>I was wondering if the previously mentioned FIX for IRB4400 robot >models was distributed with RS 3.2. 
    Yes, this fix is included in RobotStudio 3.2.

>I was also wondering if the FIX >covered the 4400S.
    No, the IRB4400S model is not affected by this problem.

>There seem to be some inconsistencies in the model for the >4400S.    Sometimes it will think it is at the end of the linear move >range, but you can then joint move much, much farther, especially >in the Z direction.  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact >that the 4400S is usually mounted at a 30 degree angle, but when >you import it, it is flat, so I did a change robot world and rotated it >30 degrees.   Please advise if this was not the correct technique.
    This is caused by a limitation in the linear move tab of RobotStudios Mechanism status window.image
    We will try to fix this limitation to the next release (RobotStudio 4.0).
    As a workaround you can use the linear jogging in the Teach Pendant.image

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ABB Automation Technologies
    ATMA/RO/AIS