RobotStudio event

Double TCP?

Hi!

I am working on a project with a container with a hole in the top and i have a long tool which i want to go through the hole with and work with objects inside the container. The problem i have is that i want the robot to always reorient itself so the tool always stays in the hole and don't hit the edges and at the same time have a TCP for the end of the tool so can move easily around in the container with targets.

example

I say: move to the corner of the container and the tools end should go to the corner and the robot should reorient itself so the tool goes in with an angle so it reaches the point without moving the tool from the hole.

Is there a way to do this without jogging the robot by myself?

Thanks in advanced

Comments

• Hmm, tricky.

What I would do is to create the path (probably with AutoPath). Jump to the first and the last targets, free-hand re-orient the robot around the tcp to a suitable orientation, store the new orientation by doing "Modify Position", then interpolate the orientation of the intermediate targets using "Interpolate Path".

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Thanks will try

A follow up question is it possible to make my own MoveL command like "MoveLOri" in which i over the other normal inputs include a orientation with is calculated so it always gets the angle between the hole and the target?