RobotStudio event

SupportSample - How to use the "Call .Net Method" from ScreenMaker actions

Options
John Wiberg
John Wiberg admin
edited March 2015 in ScreenMaker

One of the basic premises in ScreenMaker is that logic constructs should be handled in RAPID.

But sometimes that is not enough and one needs something more, then one can add a .NET 2.0 dll with added methods in them. (Remember that the FlexPendant is a Windows CE domain / Compact Framework so it must comply with those requirements).

I received some questions on this and thought that the manual didn't give a concrete example on how to do this so I threw something together as a sample.

In the zip attachment is a PDF with screens of the steps, a Visual Studio solution, and a ScreenMaker project.

Please post any feedback in this topic.

Comments

• lubosko105
    Options

Hi John.

I have question regarding this topic.

I want to create .NET dll which connect MS SQL server to uppload some data...

Will this work? Will be the MS SQL server reacheble from FlexPendant?

The robot is connected to network properly.

thanks a lot.

• ECapitanio
    Options
    Hi Jhon,
    your exaples is very useful only if we need to work using C# base type (int, bool ext...), but if we need to modify some properties of a graphic control used in my screen maker app? for example just for enable or disable a button if is present a my bool rapid data and when it is set true/false from rapid. Onlu for your know but develop a FP application by VS it's easy for me but develop the same application using screen maker is more difficult and maybe at end is not powerfull as i have developed by VS.

best regards
    Emauele