RobotStudio event

Controller Network

Options
Hello,

I have been asked by several people to find out if there is a way to essentially create a "Network" for the IRC5 Compact controller. Meaning that once a PC is connected to the controller via Ethernet to the service port, is there a way to just drag and drop a text file onto a "Network" that is directly linked to the controller, and the only thing that will need to be done after that is ppt to main and start. Is this possible? Or is what I am needing similar to the "create relation" with the controller and transfer (of which I am clueless on how to do)?

Thanks for any help,
SM

Best Answer

Answers

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Options
    In RobotStudio, you have File Transfer under the Controller tab which allows you to transfer files like a FTP. I've never heard of someone networking with the service port but the LAN port allows the controllers to be networked if you have the option.

It's unclear what your hoping to accomplish -- someone programs a part offline in RS, rather than having them connect directly to the controller and upload the file upload file normally via RS, they upload to a server instead, then the controller grabs the file off the server and runs it?
  • SteveMob
    SteveMob
    edited March 2016
    Options
    "It's unclear what your hoping to accomplish -- someone programs a part offline in RS, rather than having them connect directly to the controller and upload the file upload file normally via RS, they upload to a server instead, then the controller grabs the file off the server and runs it?"

Yes that is pretty much what I am trying to do, upload to a server or drive by drag and dropping a text file. This upload is sent directly to the controller and automatically takes place of whatever RAPID code was already there.

How do you do the File Transfer like you mentioned?

Thanks,
    SM
  • SteveMob
    Options
    Ok thanks!