RobotStudio event

B-Start

Options

Hello!

I know that a B-Start is used to return the controller to the last faultless state. Kind of like how a Windows based computer will give you the option to Start with last know working configuration.

My question is this...

Let's say the robot did it's own creation of a "safe" point on Monday. On Tuesday, I added two new jobs to the system. On Thursday, a tech does a B-Start on the controller... It doesn't show those two jobs I've created and I have to recreate them.

How can I force or manually create this "safe" point?

Thanks!

Comments

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming your battery is good, flipping the switch and powering down the controller creates an image. I've asked about triggering an image nightly via RAPID background task and was shot down hard by ABB support. Powering down the controller after each little edit isn't really practical in production but that was "the solution" given.
  • If you want to save your program changes you should do a backup (before, during, and after) - you can then restore the backup after doing a B start (keep a copy on the controller and a copy off the controller to be safe).

If you use the shut down option on the advanced start menu this will also create an image which is probably less hard on the system than a full power off.