RobotStudio event

Problem with detacher smart component

Hi! i'm working with Robotstudio v5.14 and I want to do a pick and place station. I can't make detacher component working fine. I set all right (bindings, I\O connections and signals, signal in rapid editor and all I've seen in several online tutorial), I am able to attach a box to the tool but I'm not able to make it detaching from tool itslelf. It seems like when I put the signal to 0 in RAPID editor the program can't execute the detacher instruction. 
Someone can help me to solve my problem?

Thanks in advantage for your availability.

Comments

• You will need to share your smart component as it depends on what components you have used.

• Sorry for that, I forgot it! 
    This is my smart component. When I set in rapid editor the DigitalOutput from System to 0, the Input in SmartComponent diAttacca is set 0 but the detacher component doesn't work and my box still atttach. 
  • Check that your input, di Attacca, is not 'auto reset'.

Test the line sensor manually to see if it gives an output when sensing a part, (freehand move an part into the sensor).

Check to see if the attacher, attaches the sensed part in the browser

• Check the not logic gate output toggles when running from your code.

If it does not manually set and rest the input signal to check the component works - if it does work retry running from your code (this sometimes sorts it out!).

If it is not working replace the logic gate with a new one - may have got corrupted.

• techieme
    techieme
    edited November 2016
    I normally use the 'sensed part' of Linear Sensor as 'Child' for detacher (just like 'child' for attacher):

• Sorry for the late response but onlt now I am able to access the project.

sturner said:

Check that your input, di Attacca, is not 'auto reset'.

Test the line sensor manually to see if it gives an output when sensing a part, (freehand move an part into the sensor).

Check to see if the attacher, attaches the sensed part in the browser

As you said, I tested manually the line sensor and the attacher works very well. Instead, the detacher still not work fine also in manual mode.

Now I will try the other two options and I'll let you know if they work or not.
    Thanks in advantage for your availabiliy! 

• sturner
    sturner ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Just a thought, is the sensed part 'Detectable by Sensors'... right click - modify -
  • Check if the child in detatcher still holds value, after you have removed the part away from the sensor.
    When you have moved the part away from the sensor, the part is not detected by the sensor anymore and there is nothing in the "sensedpart" properti. You then deteach "nothing", by the time the signal is triggered.