RobotStudio event

Orientation in WorldZones definition

Hi to all,

I am trying to build up some World zones in order to take over every object involved in my work area. I would like to define the world zones taking the coordinates of the WorkObjects previously defined in order to have mostly all parametrized. I have some of them currently done properly, however I have just found a huge problem which I supose that is not easily solved.

Most of the object must be controlled with box World zones which are defined with two opposite points and then the box is done with the world coordinates orientation. This is the trouble, as I have some objects turned in different orientations and I can not found any way to rotate as well the boxes as that objects are.

Is there any way to turn the box in some other orientations?

Thans in advance,
Manuel.

Comments

• Box and cylinder shapes can only be defined with sides parallel to the world co-ordinate system according to the manual.

So as long as the rotated box still has sides parallel to the world co-ordinate system (that is 90, 180, 270 degree rotation) you can define the rotated shape still but you will need to define the second point in the "rotated" position.

• Thanks for your response graemepaulin. Yes I knew that I can define it following that rules, however I am looking for defining the shape with a random rotation, which is certainly not parallel to the world cordinates.

Manuel.
  • MNeuer said:
    Thanks for your response graemepaulin. Yes I knew that I can define it following that rules, however I am looking for defining the shape with a random rotation, which is certainly not parallel to the world cordinates.

Manuel.
    There is no way to define any WorldZone not parallel to the world coordinates. It means, all the positions for the WZ are referred to Wobj0.

Un saludokind regards,

Daniel Aguilar

Automation Engineering

• Ok, Thanks buddy.

Manuel L.