RobotStudio event

Is it possible to write e.g power consumption recorded by Signal Analyzer in a logfile?

Hello,

I am trying to decrease the power consumption of robots simulated by RobotStudio 6.01 SP1 (Version 6.01.6426.0123). It is possible to automatically write a logfile which includes the messured time by the clock function (see code below). It would be a great improvement to my work if I have the possibilty to write e.g. the max value of the power consumption in the same logfile. The value is recorded by the signal analyer tool (I can export it from there in an other Excel table) but I can't find the order to get this value directly via the rapid code in the manuals.
Please let me know if there is a soultion to this problem.

Thank you!

MODULE Module1
    VAR iodev logfile;
    VAR clock clock2;
    VAR num time;
    VAR string Text;  

PROC ***
        Open "time.txt",logfile \Append;

ClkReset clock2;
        ClkStart clock2;

(various moves)

ClkStop clock2;
        time:=ClkRead(clock2 \HighRes);
        Text:=NumToStr(time,6);
        Text:=StrMap(Text,".",",");
        Write logfile,Text;
        Close logfile;       

ENDPROC
ENDMODULE

Comments

• Hello, does anyone need specifications regarding this problem or is it just not possible (/or only via API?)? I'm thankfull about any answer! Greetings!
  • To my knowledge, the energy consumption is not accessible from RAPID, only through the API that RobotStudio uses to communicate to the controller. You need to keep RS connected to the controller during execution and log the energy consumption using the Signal Analyzer, then export it to Excel.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Ok, thank you for your response! If I can't write the power consumption in the logfile- is it possible to increase the resolution and reproducibility of the messured time by the Signal Analyzer? The problem is, that if I create a path in RS and simulate it several times, different times are messured. Furthermore the times are in a resolution of 24ms. Do you have an idea how to achieve reproducibility and improvement of the resolution? (unfortunately options/simulation speed/simulation resolution (or similiar: I transleted it freely from the german version) doesn't changes anything). Also differences occur between time messuered by internal stopwatch (in simulation window) and the last listing in the excel table (and the time in the log file (see code)). Can you explain why they differ and which measurement is significant? Thank you in advance!
  • To my knowledge, the energy consumption is not accessible from RAPID, only through the API that RobotStudio uses to communicate to the controller. You need to keep RS connected to the controller during execution and log the energy consumption using the Signal Analyzer, then export it to Excel.

Is there any further development to get an estimation of the total power consumption directly through RAPID instead of RobotStudio, allowing us to include this in a log file (written to an external UDP device using SIConnect)?

The only alternative we see is to put a kWh meter around the mains cable and input that on the analogue input card of the robot, which seems stupid but it sort of works...