RobotStudio event

Robot Studio 6.04.01 Exception Error

Options

Hello Everyone,

So I removed all of the old 5.61.04 information off of my work computer and installed the new 6,04.01 version from the website. Everytime I open the program and go into the RAPID tab the output window gives me this fault

RobotStudio license will expire in 15 days 3/15/2017 9:54:37 PM General 
Exception: The type initializer for 'RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanCOM' threw an exception. 3/15/2017 9:54:40 PM General 
RobAPI exception 3/15/2017 9:54:40 PM General 
TaskException 3/15/2017 9:54:49 PM General 

When I click on line 2 Exception... this is the output:

RobotStudio .NET exception: The type initializer for 'RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanCOM' threw an exception.
============================================
Base exception: TypeInitializationException
The type initializer for 'RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanCOM' threw an exception.
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanCOM.get_RobNetScan()
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanDesktop.GetAllNetscanIdsInternal()
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanDesktop.GetAllNetscanIds()
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanDesktop.GetAllControllerInfos()
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscan.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<GetAllControllersAsync>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.Retained.RobRetainedNetscan.<Init>d__6.MoveNext()
Inner exception: COMException
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {7475A420-6FEF-4034-B472-64B675B4F290} failed due to the following error: 8007041d The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007041D).
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanCOM.Initialize()
   at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobNetscanCOM..cctor()

System

Dell Latitude E5570

Windows Pro 7

Intel Core i5-6300 CPU @ 2.40 GHz

8 GB Ram

64 bit Op system

Thank you in advance and please let me know if there is anything else that is needed from me for information.

Comments

• Adnan
    Options

Hi,

The error window is somewhat misguiding, what in most cases is that the RobAPIService: 'ABB Insustrial Robot Discovery Server'
    has been disabled or of some other reason will not start and communicate with RobotStudio.

To make sure the service isn't disabled please go to services by: start->type:services.msc
    Then find  'ABB Insustrial Robot Discovery Server' rightclick -> properties and in the General tab click on the "Startup type" and chose Automatic.
    Hopefully this helps!!

Best Regards

Adnan

• sizemorejk
    Options

Although my settings were set to manual this error still occurs.

In the services window if I try to manually start the ABB Industrial Robot Discovery Server with the 'Start" button, I get an Error 1053:The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Adnan, thank you so much for the prompt response and for the help.

• sizemorejk
    Options

This is still occurring and I have had so many techs just send me the link for downloading the 6.04 from the site. I would appreciate any other help that I can get with this and thank you in advance.

• helsywarner
    Options
    It sounds like your service was built against 'Any CPU', causing you errors on 64-bit where you are using COM components. You need to build it for x86