RobotStudio event

Defining my work piece weight et my tool weight

Options
Hello,

I am trying to define my work piece Weight and my tool weight in Rapid. I tried to use tooldata but i am not so sure about my work. Can someone give me an example ?

Best regards,

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You need to use the service routine LoadID, so long as your robot has that option, Load identification and collision detection.  Tooldata is for you end effector, Loaddata is for you workpiece.
    Lee Justice
  • Amjed
    Options
    Hi Lemster68,

Can you explain it more ? i tried to do that using my flexpendant but i didn't succeed. I don't know if there is a method to set my work piece load at 175 KG and my tool load at 5 KG ?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to call the service routine LoadID.  Actually, prior to that, you need to define any armloads (any other things mounted on the robot arm, not end-of-arm).  That will be in your moc.cfg.  Follow the on screen instructions carefully.  You would define the EOAT first, then run the routine once more to identify the payload.  Again, that would be loaddata.  All of this can be found in the user guide for Load identification and collision detection guide.  It is possible to go into your tooldata and manually enter the tool mass, cog and moments of inertia (ix,iy, and iz).  You can do the same with your loaddata.
    Lee Justice