RobotStudio event

Absolute Accuracy calibration

Options
Hi
We are using the IRC5 controller with a self-made gantry robot. It uses the SAC XYZC configuration.
Just to imagine the size we have following strokes X=5500mm Y=2000mm Z=800mm.
Now we discovered mechanical interference on the TCP which we'd like to compensate.
We have already taken the compensation data in the working area of the robot. Therefore we have used our ultra-precise Leica laser tracker. 

I found a document(3HAC18153) which describes how to activate absolute accuracy in the moc file. But it has not a lot of information about the CalibWare software which I assume is necessary.
Is CalibWare available to the public? Would it be possible that we calibrate the robot by our self?  

Thanks for your help

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Absolute accuracy is an option that you can purchase with (normally) a six axis robot.  They perform a special calibration to calculate the arm deflection under load.  I don't know that it will help with a gantry robot, sorry.
    Lee Justice
  • Gudel
    Options
    lemster68 said:
    Absolute accuracy is an option that you can purchase with (normally) a six axis robot.  They perform a special calibration to calculate the arm deflection under load.  I don't know that it will help with a gantry robot, sorry.
    I know what the absolute accuracy option is about on a six-axis robot. We already collected the data about deflection under load. Now the question is how to use this data to generate/adjust the parameters("ARM_CALIB", "JOINT_CALIB", "PARALLEL_ARM_CALIB" and "MOTOR_CALIB") for  each joint.

It looks to me as it is not possible to do it by my self for two reasons 
    1. It's an internal process from ABB how this calibration is done and that's why it is not documented.  
    2. It's only for six-axis robot kinematics

I found this:

The following are examples of when Absolute Accuracy is not active:Any motion function based on a jointtarget (MoveAbsJ)Independent jointJoint based joggingAdditional axesTrack motion