RobotStudio event

Why do new routines I create always appear embedded in my main procedure?

Is this just a display thing?  How come any routines I create always embedded in the main procedure?  How can I jump out of the main routine and run any other routine?  The program call function seems pretty clunky in ABB world.

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    I have to suggest a thorough reading of the Rapid overview manual, followed by Rapid Kernel, and then Instructions, Functions and datatypes before you try to make this robot run.
    Lee Justice
  • The Proc main() is your main routine. The routines main and Palletize are in the Program Module named "MainModule". Your routines need to exist in a Module where the data and routines reside. The beginning of the main routine is where the robot program begins execution.
  • So all the routines within the module are just displayed in one long text display?  You don't actually have the ability to close one and open another for viewing?  You would just scroll up and down through a large body of text?
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is correct, all routines must be in one very long module.

Take @lemster68 's advice and read than manual called "Rapid Overview" -- you can find it by clicking on the "?" in the upper right corner of RobotStudio, choose "Additional Resources", then "RAPID Overview" -- the section called "Program Structure" should be especially helpful.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    I should have also said IRC5 with flex pendant operator manual.
    Lee Justice
  • Is there a place to view completed ABB programs?  I see a lot of documents that show the commands and general functions but I don't see examples of all of it put together.  It would help a lot to see some complete program examples.
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Sure, a good place to start would be the sample stations included with the RobotStudio install.
    Found @ C:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotStudio 6.XX\Samples\Stations
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    @Soup Good call.  Another location they can be found is here: C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\RobotStudio\Stations, where one would substitute their user name for "YourUserNameHere".  
    Lee Justice
  • Awesome.  Thank you.
  • Think of module as a single page of paper.  If you want multiple pages, you have to make them.  After that you can create a routine in a module that you want and it will not appear in the main module.