RobotStudio event

Question about creating robotsystem from layout

Hi everyone,
    I am a beginner of RobotStudio. I am trying to create a robot system that contains a KUKA robot manipulator, a linear track and a positioner. I have imported the CAD model of each component and  created mechanism for each. But I am not able to create Robot System From Layout, it always said that 'The combination is not supported'. I have checked the manual about possible combination, but it doesn't mention the mechanisms that using external models. 
    Does anyone have encountered similar problem? Or does anyone could help me solve this problem? Many thanks from a struggling beginner.

Answers

• Hi,
    I have to disappoint you, but RobotStudio only support industrial robots from ABB, not KUKA robots. 
    So  you must use one of the ABB robots in the ABB Library.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thank you for your reply. The worst case happens. I'll give it up and use another software.
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    You can use this SmartComponent:

You have to create a controller with its own manipulator. Then choose it as Controller and you Kuka as Mechanism.
    Let XSpecAxis to 0 if they use the same number of axis.

When you move your ABB manipulator with Simulation running, Kuka mecha will move with same axis values. but not the inverse.

• Thank you. I'll try iit as you said.  B)