RobotStudio event

Simulate Kuka robot in Robotstudio?

eKoh
eKoh
edited June 2019 in RobotStudio
Hello guys, I am trying to simulate a Kuka robot in Robotstudio but with no success.

I made the robot mechanism and it works.

When I am linking a system to this Kuka robot, I made a relation to which link from kuka corresponds to which link from this abb robot.

Could make it kinda work.

But when I try to jog it linearly, the robot just does random stuff, instead of following certain trayectory like Z+ axis.

From home position

And I try it to jog it down on world Z axis

And it goes up, instead of down and also doesn't follow any linear axis at all. Not sure how to make it work.

And please don't reply me to use Kuka Sim Pro, that thing costs a lot, like you don't have idea, this is for 1 project only so...

Need help people, I am still working on this, gonna post the solution if I find it.

By the way:
Kuka Robot: KR10 R1420
ABB system (used as controller): ABB1410 5kg 1.44m

Also, the tool0 and wobj0 are properly placed

This is for a client who has already purchased a Kuka robot. Since the process doesn't have to be as quick as possible, but it needs a lot of precision, we would have recommended to use ABB instead of Kuka... But client is kinda... dumb, so we have to work with what we've got.

Ty'all.

Comments

• Would think you would have to use a stand alone controller (SAC), and then proceed as per the Application manual - Additional axes and stand alone controllers (3HAC051016-001).

• Linear jog (and robtargets) will not work because the controller will calculate inverse kinematics as for a 1410. So you will have to use joint jog and jointtargets.

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Could he use RCS to make the model?
    Lee Justice
  • eKoh
    eKoh
    edited June 2019

Would think you would have to use a stand alone controller (SAC), and then proceed as per the Application manual - Additional axes and stand alone controllers (3HAC051016-001).

Thank you, will try that, I didn't know how to add a SAC!
    Linear jog (and robtargets) will not work because the controller will calculate inverse kinematics as for a 1410. So you will have to use joint jog and jointtargets.

I was thinking on doing that as 2nd option, but I tought that I would then need to do a lot of work if I needed to change a workobject...

lemster68 said:
    Could he use RCS to make the model?
    What is RCS?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Look here: https://forums.robotstudio.com/categories/controller   I never used it.  RCS, Realistic Controller Simulation
    Lee Justice
  • Thank you lemster! I failed to do the job before, now I am going to try what you tell me!