RobotStudio event

Picking moving objects

Hello,

I am having issues with picking moving objects. I have two conveyors and two IRB360 in a layout. I need to pick objects from the first conveyor then place them on second conveyor. I did this application on PickMaster. I obtained the ratio of 180pcs/min. But I have to use physics feature for some objects (the idea behind is turning some objects upside down by leaving them from a certain distance and letting them hit an obstacle) and when I change the behavior of the objects from inactive to dynamic, objects start free falling on PickMaster. That's why I am trying to simulate it without using PickMaster. I used conveyor tracking to track objects, but  I wasn't able to pick objects and stop them after picking process. 

Is there any hint about picking and placing moving objects with/without using conveyor tracking? I am also open for any other suggestions.

Regards
Mesut

Comments

• Hello again,

I guess it's a bit complicated. Still any kind of help about continuous pick&place process is appreciated (except for PickMaster). It is hard to pick moving pieces with robot. I couldn't get how to manipulate it. Is there an easy way to implement pick&place application without using PickingPP?

Best regards
    Mesut
  • You can use the conveyor tracking option without Pickmaster .

The conveyor tracking manual gives a very good explanation of how to go about this.

• I will check it one more time. Thanks for the feedback.
  • I think that you problem is, that the object is stille attached to the conveyor. 
    It needs to be removed from the conveyor, and not just attached to the tool.
  • I think that you problem is, that the object is stille attached to the conveyor. 
    It needs to be removed from the conveyor, and not just attached to the tool.
    Hi, I see your point but how to do that? I checked the manual but it confused me a bit. Is there a simple way to detach a random object? 
  • If you click the small arrow in the corner of the control group you will open the event manager.

There you can add events to attach and detach objects - based on an I/O signal.

Or you can use smart components.

• If you click the small arrow in the corner of the control group you will open the event manager.

There you can add events to attach and detach objects - based on an I/O signal.

Or you can use smart components.

Hi, this is simply the attacher if I understand correctly which is something that I have already known(in that case it doesn't refer to my question). If it is not, I gave a shot anyway, it didn't help me to pick objects which are moving on the conveyor because these objects are attached to the conveyor's wobj. I tried to use detacher to see if I can detach those objects from conveyor with the help of a volume or plane sensor but it didn't work. As svoldgaard said, when I attach these objects to my robot, actually they are attached both to the robot and to the conveyor I guess(that's why they keep moving after robot picks the object). I am asking that how can I detach the object from conveyor's wobj, so it can stop moving after robot picks it. 

Thanks in advance.
  • I think It's a matter which group the object is in. It might be attached to the gripper, but if it is still in a group, that's moved by the conveyor , then both the gripper and the conveyor.

You solution might be to also set a new parent to the object(in a smart component).
    The parent could be an empty group, that is attached to the robot. Then you don't have to attache the object itself to the gripper.
    Else the parent needs to be a group that doesn't move.
  • I think It's a matter which group the object is in. It might be attached to the gripper, but if it is still in a group, that's moved by the conveyor , then both the gripper and the conveyor.

You solution might be to also set a new parent to the object(in a smart component).
    The parent could be an empty group, that is attached to the robot. Then you don't have to attache the object itself to the gripper.
    Else the parent needs to be a group that doesn't move.
    Yes, it is an idea but there should be a simple way to detach those objects from conveyor. When I tried graemepaulin's method, robot picked the object and also the conveyor. 
  • How are you attaching the object to the conveyor?

• Using this section.
  • God damn... Just use smart components like line sensor, attach and detach. If object is an end of the conveyor, then robot move to pick location aand then line sensor detect that object and attach him to gripper.