RobotStudio event

Replicate real robotic cell into RS

Dear all,

Is there a procedure to replicate a real robotic cell setup into robot studio for offline programming ?

For example, in a real robotic cell components like: fixtures, parts and objects are "randomly" place on a working table.
How can I be sure that when I am creating the robotic cell in the virtual environment the components of the real robotic cell are place at the same positions as in the real robotic cell?

Best regards,
Mircea

Comments

• EricH
    EricH
    edited August 2019
    This depends on your 3D-Data and if it is saved with position meta data. We work with sat-extension and it places the objects, where they should be.

For movable Objects: This is not so easy. You could try a 3d-laser scanner or use a camera with a good algorithm.
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    What I do is to teach a pin as tooldata then touch different corner on object then replace them in RS.
  • Dear all,
    thanks for your replies and apologies for my delay.

The 3D-Data is not reliable or at least the team that is designing it does not know how to use it at its full potential.

I used a similar solution as DenisFR. I taught several points considering the limits of the part.
    Import the program in RS and then use "some black magic" to align the part with the taught points.
    I know it's not the best solution but helped me.

Best regards.