RobotStudio event

World Zone Rotate 45 Degrees and Axis 1 Limits

My application has a robot rotated -45 degrees in relation to the cell. In order to get the World Zones to line up, I changed the base frame Q1 to 0.92388 and Q4 to -0.38268.  My understanding is that this will change the world co-ordinate system by 45 degrees so I can make the World Zones line up with the cell rather then the physical robot.

Is this the correct way to do this?

Secondly, I'm having issues moving (jogging in teach) Axis 1 past 180 digress with the new world co-ordinate system. I was thinking to increase the upper by 45 and decrease the lower by 45 degrees to match the real world robot.  I've adjusted the ROB1_1 upper joint bound to 3.927 (225 degrees), but it still gives an out of range error when I hit 180 degrees (I have restarted the controller). Changing the lower joint bound does work though.  Is there another setting I need to change?

Answers

• Your quaternion values are correct for a -45° rotation about the Z axis.

The manual for World Zones and it says the shape data is relative to the World co-ordinate system not the base frame.

So turning the base frame of the robot should have no effect on the world zone.

What robot variant are you using?

If you enter a figure in the upper and lower joint bound larger than the maximum allowed for an axis the system will use the maximum allowed instead.

The maximum for each robot and axis is in the specification manual.