ABB to make digital service available free of charge to help customers maintain production

See public announcement here: https://new.abb.com/news/detail/59343/abb-to-make-digital-service-available-free-of-charge-to-help-customers-maintain-production

The license can be activated through RobotStudio -> Options -> Licensing -> Activation Wizard -> I want to request a trial license -> RobotStudio Special Offer 2020

Stay safe out there!

Maxim Riabichev
PC Software Support Engineer

Comments

• MoisesMoises Spain
    thanks very much to ABB. A big company!
  • RodrigoGuzmanRodrigoGuzman Mexico
    Excelente apoyo
  • Vishak_ArumugamVishak_Arumugam Coimbatore
    its good.but i was already end with trial period  how can i activate this license..

• Liam_ABBLiam_ABB Sweden admin
    its good.but i was already end with trial period  how can i activate this license..

The license can be activated through RobotStudio -> Options -> Licensing -> Activation Wizard -> I want to request a trial license -> RobotStudio Special Offer 2020.

You should ensure to use the latest version of RobotStudio and select this specific option for the trial.
  • Maxim RiabichevMaxim Riabichev Sweden admin
    edited April 9
    Please note that, as of today, each 2020 Trial License can be used to activate RobotStudio up to 3 times per computer (changed up from 1 per computer). 

This should solve issues where users would receive a "Maximum number of activations reached" error when trying to activate the 2020 Trial License after a re-install of their operating system, or other similar cases.

Unfortunately this change does not work retroactively. So if you have activated RobotStudio with a 2020 Trial License between the dates March 27 and April 7, and you're considering re-installing Windows or something similar, please save the license key before you do so and contact us if you end up in a situation mentioned above.
    You can always find your current license key via RobotStudio -> Options -> Licensing -> View installed licenses.
    Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • spg666spg666 devon
    that is very generous for such excellent software, thankyou.