RobotStudio event

Set MotorsOn/StartAtMain using TCP/IP through a semi-static task

Options
Hi everyone,

I have a semi-static task running a TCP/IP server which already communicates correctly with a remote client. The communication part is going fine but I would like to know:
Is it possible to raise the StartAtMain event using the rapid code of my server such that I can start my motion task remotely?

I had a look at System Input in Configuration/IO System where I can connect StartAtMain with a real DI but I would like to avoid connecting a DO to a DI. I think this solution would work but, since my problem seems quite basic, I guess there are better (and faster) alternatives.

I am using RS5.

Comments

• Dmitry
    Options
    What you mean by real DI?
    You can connect any DI to system input, even simulated.

Create simulated DI.
    Create simulated DO.
    Create Cross connection, (actor) DO->(resultant) DI.
    Trigger DO in RAPID code.
  • Robrobrob
    Options
    Hi Dmitry, thanks for the help !

By using 'real DI' I meant cross connecting manually the terminals on my D652 I/O board from an output to an input then trigger my DO in rapid.

I never heard of such simulated I/Os. If I remember correctly, one must always specify the device related to each input/output. Therefore, how do I define those virtual (or simulated) input without losing two spots on my D652 board ?

• Dmitry
    Dmitry
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry, I do not remember exactly how robot configs are organized in Robotware 5. Anyway, you do not need any real I/Os to accomplish this.
    If I remember correctly, one must always specify the device related to each input/output. Cannot comment for RW5, but in RW6 you can just define signal without any relation to device and without address.

In RW5, there is a Bus of type Virtual. So you should add you device to this bus to make it simulated. Or if you do not have it, you create it manually, and set type of bus to be virtual.
    http://serioussurvivor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/System-Parameters-3HAC17076-1_revG_en.pdf 4.4 Type Bus

You create a DeviceNet device, for example, you define D652, and connect it to your virtual bus. Then you create signals as if they were real signals, but you assign them to your virtual D652, and use them in RAPID.

• Robrobrob
    Options
    Thanks it works like a charm ! I thought I had RW5 but I was actually using RW6 so your past explanation did the trick: 
    Create simulated DI.
    Create simulated DO.
    Create Cross connection, (actor) DO->(resultant) DI.
    Trigger DO in RAPID code.