RobotStudio event

Create file, then save to network location

Options
Hi,

I'm currently working on logging data from our welding robot (Arc ONtime, program execution time etc.), and would like for the program to write the logged data to a file saved on our server.

My question:
Is it possible to write RAPID code that saves some amount of data in a file, and then saves it on a network location?

Comments

• jmf
    Options
    Hi, 

First off, what Controller are you using? IRC5 or S4?

I have a FTP Server setup on our servers. When Reporting via RAPID, I save to the IRC5 Controller HDD and then the server's FTP Server checks every 5 seconds for changes in the specific folders through a script that we created.

I have a network cable plugged into WAN (X6) and have setup the Controller as in the picture below.

I use WINSCP as the FTP Server.

Without FTP Server Option on the Robot side, you will not be able to access the server files so it's a one way connection only from the server to the Controller.

• BigApe
    Options
    jmf said:
    Hi, 

I have a FTP Server setup on our servers. When Reporting via RAPID, I save to the IRC5 Controller HDD and then the server's FTP Server checks every 5 seconds for changes in the specific folders through a script that we created.

I have a network cable plugged into WAN (X6) and have setup the Controller as in the picture below.

Without FTP Server Option on the Robot side, you will not be able to access the server files so it's a one way connection only from the server to the Controller.

We're using a IRC5 controller, and it's already hooked up to our network. I frequently program to it from the office. 

Would you mind sharing the script that you use?  Or simply explain how it works, would also be a big help.
    I'm guessing the FTP option is on, since I can connect and program to the robot from a networked PC?

Thank you in advance
  • jmf
    Options
    BigApe said:
    jmf said:
    Hi, 

We're using a IRC5 controller, and it's already hooked up to our network. I frequently program to it from the office. 

Would you mind sharing the script that you use?  Or simply explain how it works, would also be a big help.
    I'm guessing the FTP option is on, since I can connect and program to the robot from a networked PC?

Thank you in advance
    I will get the script for the server. 

Just confirm if you have the ftp server option on your system.

Are you connected to the Service port of the controller or the Lan port? 
  • jmf
    Options
    Okay here is the script we are using.