RobotStudio event

How to refer to a target created in View window?

Options
vitsensei
vitsensei
edited September 2020 in RobotStudio
Hi,

I'm trying to create a robot simulation. I got a list of coordinates from my .csv file and would like the robot to move to each of those coordinates while maintaining the orientation of a target created in RobotStudio (let's call it startP).

I managed to parse the CSV file, but have not able to figure out how to refer to my "startP".

Here's my current attempt:
<div>target.trans.x := x;
</div><div>target.trans.y := y;
</div><div>target.trans.z := z;

<span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "lucida sans unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">target.rot := startP.rot;</span></div>
However, it seems like RobotStudio was not able to find startP (identifier not found). Any suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Have you synchronized startP from the station to RAPID?
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi Andres,

I thought I would have to do something like so, but when I tried right click into the "startP", there is no option to synchronise. What am I missing?

• Anders S
    Options
    Create a temporary path with a move instruction that use startP, then synchronize that path. 
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi Andres,
    Your solution definitely helps me to be closer to my goal. Thank you very much :).

I have another, unrelated problem, that I would like to hear your expertise. I have setup my own work object on the grey table:

However, when I highlighted it on the left panel, there are actually 2 different coordinate systems get highlighted. One in the middle of the table (which is what I want), and one that is further away (to the left in the image). And it seems like whenever I ask the robot go to a point, let's say [0,0,0], it would use the coordinate system that is further away from the table.

So my question is, what have I done wrong to cause this problem? Thank you :).