RobotStudio event

Robot pausing due to Interlink? [WebWare SDK]

The problem I'm having is the manipulator is stopping mid-cycle for a few dozen milliseconds and then proceeding again without any warning, error, or fault.  I've have reason to believe it might be a communications issue via interlink by noting that terminating interlink or terminating my application prevents the pause from occuring.  The application makes automatic path, velocity, and tuning adjustments while receiving feedback about operation cycle times and various process inputs, however the controller will continue to operate on values it last received in the absense of Interlink.

In an 8 hour shift with approximately 3500 cycles, this problem may randomly occur 5-35 times.  The issue appears disconnected from any other type of execution performed, whether it be mechanical, electrical, logical, etc.  The pause also occurs in random locations during its specified path travel at constant velocity.  What perplexes the situation further is this is the 6th identical production system set up except the first 5 use S4 controllers.  Is there a device configuration setting I may have miscalculated, or is this a known issue with the Interlink update for IRC5 controllers?

Running WebWare SDK 4.60.0032 on WinXP machine, connecting to an IRC5 controller.

-MHyde

Comments

• Do you use an Harddisk instead of the Flashdisk?

We had some problems with the speed auf the harddisk, we have changed all back to Flashdisk and it works. 

C.Bess  

• We did not purchase that option, and have not in the past for this particular system.  If controller speed or performance was an issue, I have to believe I'd see it first with the S4's.

The application that connects through Interlink only reads or writes any data if the value in the controller does not equal the value in my application.  Typically when the robot pauses briefly, there is no data written/read to/from the controller and application.

-MHyde