RobotStudio event

Production manager

Robotnisse
edited January 2021 in Robot Controller
Hi,

Is it possible to store a program in production manager and then fetch it from a usb/network drive without the need to re-create/setup it inside production manager?

We have problem with memory and im looking for another way to manage the program structure, running like 40 heavy programs directly from the controller flash atm.

Also, is it common for the robotsystem to crash when rapid memory gets full?
Because when that happends the whole system crash and i have to spend the next 6hours calibrating axes :neutral:

Somehow the system backup dosent store the axes value, when you load it in the system after restart the system then prompts for the need to re-calibrate everything. Only happends when it crash due to memory issues, otherwise not.

Edit: We need to use production manger since the robot moves automaticly between two station/fixtures.

Comments

• You need to setup an FTP client on a networked computer to be able to send programs to the robot remotely, see this thread and this manual (page 45). 
  • Why is it taking six hours to "calibrate" axes?  If you need to, just load the moc.cfg and then update rev counters, should be no more than 30 process.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    Why is it taking six hours to "calibrate" axes?  If you need to, just load the moc.cfg and then update rev counters, should be no more than 30 process.
    Update revcounters with moc file you say, do they get updated automatic? Think i set the revcounters manualy for each axes. If it happends again i will for sure test out the .moc file and see what happends! I can describe the  restore moment for you when the system fails.

I load in the last known working backup then it prompts for "update revcounters" i think but then it want me to define the zero points manualy? The field where the values are suppose to be is blank. so i manualy jog each axis of the robot arms to thier zero point. same for the slide carrier. The carrier is the worst since i need to remove a few coverplates and some elctronics to see the actual mark on the rail :( 
  • xerim said:
    You need to setup an FTP client on a networked computer to be able to send programs to the robot remotely, see this thread and this manual (page 45). 
    Thank you! i will look into that
  • No, not update rev counters with moc file.  You will still need to update rev counters.  Is it a real large or tall, I might say, robot?  Are you climbing ladders and such to see the zero marks, causing such a longer time?  For the most part, updating rev counters should only take about 15 minutes.  I just focused on the word you chose to use, "calibrate" and was wondering if you were doing more than just updating rev counters.  Even if the calibration offsets are lost, that is only minutes to load moc and reboot.
    Lee Justice