RobotStudio event

how to insert 'error handler' via pendant?

Options
Mikbaek
Mikbaek
edited February 2021 in RAPID Programming
Hi. I'm new to robot-programming, but I did some simple programs to load/unload a machine with parts. I need to figure out how to 'ignore' an error when doing a 'searchL' that doesn't hit any parts, and do the next search. I do programming directly on the pendant, and though I can understand that I need to create an 'error handler' it doesn't help much, because I can't find the function anywhere.  I wanted to just insert a 'try next' function, but how do I set up an error-handler? Thanks, and sorry for my basic knowledge ;)
pict. is of my simple code.

Comments

• xerim
    Options
    Here's a good example of an error handler:

If you simply wish you skip a generated error, try using SkipWarn

There is a lot of information about Error Handlers and how to construct them in the Technical Reference Manual - Rapid Overview and also in the Technical Reference Manual - Instructions, Functions and Data Types
  • Mikbaek
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Xerim, but I program the robot directly via the pendant, and I don't have the commands 'errno' and 'skipwarn' to choose from. Also, I can't insert an error handler - rutine anywhere.
    However, I think I found this so called 'handler' somewhere else, set it to record errors and inserted a 'RAISE' command right after the 'SearchL'.
    Now it continues to the next line in the program without stopping :)
    I have no idea why... :)  
  • Mikbaek
    Options