RobotStudio event

Johns (tool) Bar

2»

Comments

• I Do Evil Smile...
    <@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
    <Beeth> And your point is?
    <@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
  • Did it work like you wanted???
  • Basicaly two things are holding me back.. The first thing is time, i'm doing a fairly big project now and that consumes a lot of time. And the second thing is my poor VBA-skills.. But because of the time-issue my boss won't let me do the RS VBA course (well at least not before the summer), and i I don't think you are allowed to "just share" course-material.. Besides that, I thought the "TCP-chasing camera" would take a lot of time to produce. So you kinda caught me by surprise when you posted a solution immediately the next day. Cool

The irony in all this is that i have to run a simulation which requires VBA, but @ work i have no time to dig into the matter.. Confused To that matter i've left you a nice (bunch of) question in the Simulation Controller-topic.. Wink

Melk38075,9077314815
  • When following the TCP around at a fixed distance I got really seasick...

Well I had the RobotStudio:VBA course last week so I hope that you will have time to attend the next course in the fall.

What kind of simulation are you running by the way?

• Hello John,

First of all, playing 3D games on a regular basis will get you used with the sea-sickness Clown , and even if i were to get seasick it would be worth it Big smile.

Second, i can't hardly wait to try out the "TCP chasing camera", but @ work i don't have the time at this moment, and @ home i haven't got RS.. So you really made me eager to test it out Cool, but right now i can't puzzle it out.

The third would be where to find the rad2deg-example in the RS API help-file. Well if you search the help file for "helper value" you'll find an "Example of the KinematicModeler object". If you select this topic you'll find this:

Sub Kinematics()
    'This sub will create two boxes which it then creates a mechanism with a torational movement between.

'Helper value for Radiants to Degrees
        Dim dbDeg As Double
        dbDeg = 1 / 360 * 2 * 4 * Atn(1)

Melk38079,8003472222
  • And i forgot about the simulation i am (well trying to) running at this moment.

I'm simulating a small but complex universal robot roller hemming workcell which we built some time ago. An S4C+ IRB 6400R (also acting as PLC in multitasking Cool) is positioned besides a turntable and a downholder. Products (car doors, trunklids etc etc etc) can be placed on the turntable. Then the robot can randomly use up to 6 different hemming tools for the actual hemming.

But now a new part is being introduced on this workcell. And my boss wants a simulation. When i press "play" in robotstudio everything has to go automatically from the beginning until the end. Clamps, toolchanging, table-turns etc etc..

So far i've constructed the workcell, made all the moving parts into kinematic models (over 20 kinematic models!) and programmed the robot. These are all things i've done before, but to get everything moving automatically requires VBA.. And this is where i get stuck..

Today i've read you reply to my questions about the moving controller over and over again, and the only thing i got working was the deg2rad-part and making the turntable stop moving somewhere around the 90 degrees. I couldn't kill the controller when the turntable has reached the 90 degrees, I couldn't make it reach EXACTLY 90 degrees at the higher speeds i need, and so on.

I'm making this simulation an example to convince my boss to free up some of my time to be able to get the VBA course, but until then i somehow need to manage..

• Hello Melk -

I have hacked around in VBA enough to "animate" some kinmatic models of my own and maybe I can look at what you have created so far and either provide good examples to accomplish what you need, or help you with your entire simulation.

Please make available somehow your station files and a breif description of the mechanisms you want to animate and interface to the robot controller and I will see what I can help with in the next couple of weeks.

I have seen this hemming cell before so I have a pretty good idea of what you are looking to do.

Tom

Thomas J38079,8112847222
    Thomas H. Johnston
    PACs Application Engineer
  • This discussion has been moved to the 'How to move it' topic to keep the JohnsBar clean with only bar stuff.
  • New version 1.4 with two new features.

You can find it for download on the first page.

• Hello John,

Tomorrow I'm going to try it out for sure.. It's nice to see that your toolbar continues to develope Wink..

• I aim to please...

• Hello John,

I tried your toolbar, you 've got some nice functions in there. Here are some suggestions for your toolbar:

- the load and save from library options, as you suggested on page 1, sounds very comfortable for me;

- some tool to create an array of parts: specifying some reference and then copy the selected part or entity a specified number of times over a specified offset (like the array function in Autocad);

- a pull down for switching on and off mech units in arcwelding applications;

Regards,

Jan-Jaap

:) Regards,
    Jan-Jaap
  • OK. Glad you like it.

I will look into your suggestions when I have a moment of peace.

I like the thought behind the array function.

But the arcwelding thingy I didn't understand.
    Do you want it to activate them in RAPID or in RS?

• Hello John,

I would like to activate the mechanical unit quickly from RS. In RAPID it is no problem: there is an instruction (ActUnit). In RS it is available, but its quite some mouse-clicks away. It is in the set-up controller window, under the external axis tab.

Normally, if you execute a path, the ActUnit instruction is included in the path, so it is no problem. But whith jump-to-target in RS, the targets might not be reachable, because the positioner is not jumped to its programmed value. And if you switch from one station to an other, you have to activate the new one and deactivate the previous one.

I hope this clarifies it to you.

Jan-Jaap
  • OK, got it.

Probably got some time by the end of next week, will try  to fix at least the array one till then.

• New version (1.5) available on the first page, second post. This version has the Array Copy function...

John Wiberg38314,8136805556
  • Hello John,

I've made the ActUnit macro. Please let me know what you think of it.

It enquires a list of mechanical units from the active controller in a combobox. The currently active unit is presented.

frmActUnit.zip

Regards,

Jan-Jaap

Jan-Jaap
  • OK, I will take a look at it. image

Did you check out the array function that I added to the toolbarimage

• Hello John,

Yes I did. Is also possible to make it 2D and 3D array copy?

Jan-Jaap
  • [QUOTE=John Wiberg]

Hi everyone I was thinking that I would have a recurring thing here on the forum. JohnsBar, as in Johns toolbar.

It is a VB project, that creates a dll that anyone can use as an add-in for RobotStudio. So anyone who has a good macro or an easy wish for a toolbar button can post here and I might add it to the toolbar.

This is the first version so it has only some simple buttons:
    (Hopefully I will create more advanced later on image).

Please write what you think of this idea and what you think of the buttons. Now if this becomes a success I will continually add to it and perhaps create several toolbars for specific purposes.

I will also provide the sourcecode, so if you have MS Visual Studio you can see how I have created the toolbar.

John image

[/QUOTE] shall I extract the whole fold or only the Johnsbar.dll
    xin
  • -Xin

If you want to use the toolbar then you only need to extract the Johnsbar.dll only if you are interested in looking at how I've coded it should you extract the other one.

• Hello, John Wiberg

It looks a great job!

Thank you so much. 

I have a suggestion:Could you add the target mirror function? There is part mirror function in RS but no target mirror function.Sometime the path is symmetrical,so we need to mirror the target or the path(including the orientation of tool).