RobotStudio event

WW SDK 4.0 pb after install RS 3.1 2234 [WebWare SDK]

Hello!

I got problem with Webware SDK 4.0 (that was running fine previously) after having installed RS 3.1 buid 2234.

When opening a VB6 project I then get errors indicating that the WW SDK licenses is not found.

Sample of VB6 log file using ABBButton and Helper controls :
Line xx: Cannot load control rbtnOutput; license not found.
Line xx: Cannot load control rbtnInput; license not found.
Line xx: Cannot load control hlprIO; license not found.

1) Is anyone knowing this problem and (if possible) can explain it?
2) What do you advise to get WW SDK 4.0 AND RS 3.1 running fine together?

Thanks in advance!

fleon38264,6942939815

Comments

• Hello,

Could you please provide us with the following information:

1. What build of Webware 4.0 are you using?
    2. I assume you have applied the licence correctly?
        Please check under Programs -> ABB Industrial IT -> Robotics IT -> Licensing -> Software Product Administrator. What does WW SDK -> Licensed functions display ?

Version 4.00.0437 of Webware should have no problems running with RobotStudio 3.1. Although RS will not function properly if Interlink is running as a service. So if this is the case, you would have to register Interlink as an out-of-process server.

• Hello Anders!

Please find here are the anwsers to your questions:

1. Build 437.
       I installed the last version of WW SDK 4.0 (4.00.0437). It is the offcial WW release (not the RC2).
    2. Yes I applied the license correctly.
       Software Product Administrator displays under Products/WebWare SDK/Licensed Functions:

Name      Type              Expiration                            Status
    Basic      Standalone      Sat Oct 01 23:59:59 2005      Available:1

Note that I find 2 InterLink directories:
    (1) "C:Program FilesCommon FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITInterLink"
    (Interlink.exe has version: 4.0.437.0)

(2) "C:Program FilesCommon FilesABB AutomationInterLink"
    (Interlink.exe has version: 3.1.247.0)
    I think that this was brought by RS 3.1 build 2234.
    So I deduct that RS 3.1 build 2234 screwed up the WW SDK 4.0 Interlink installation...

Thanks in advance for your advise(s).

fleon38264,7286458333
  • Hello,

If you have installed RobotStudio 3.1 after a Webware SDK 4.0 installation, this is probably why you are experiencing this problem.

It's most likely due to the fact that RS 3.1 and WW4 uses a specific OCX-file (rimbase.ocx) which handles licensing. So when you install RS over WW4, this file will be replaced with an old version. This version cannot handle the new licensing solution implemented in WW4.

The recommended (described as a Technote/Trouble Shooting Guide on SolutionsBank) is to install RobotStudio, Quickteach or Programmaker first, and then install Webware 4.0.

Installing Webware 4.0 SDK over your RobotStudio 3.1 installation should take care of this issue.

Please let us know how it works out.

AndersD38267,4018981481
  • Hello,

I tried firstly to repair WW SDK 4.0 (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs ->Webware SDK:Change -> Repair). I got WW SDK projects OK with design license.

But all was not OK: I launched RimCfg.exe (from "C:Program FilesCommon FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITInterLink") that crashed.

Then I tried to unregister the dlls and ocxs under "C:Program FilesCommon FilesABB AutomationInterLink" and register them under "C:Program FilesCommon FilesABB Industrial ITRobotics ITInterLink".

I launched the RimCfg.exe: it didn't crash anymore but I lost the DEFAULT.S4 profile and only DEFAULT.IRC5 appeared and it was not possible to add a S4 profile!

...In front of all these painfull difficulties I resigned to uninstall WW SDK 4.0 and then reinstall it...

Then it seemed to work: I got RimCfg.exe working with all S4 and IRC5 profiles.

But i was not complelty saved: see below...

In fact lanching an already configured VC 32 robot failed with a "Microsoft C++ Runtime library Assertion failed" dialog (ABBS4VC.EXE File sio.c Line 288 Expression status == OK Assertion failed). See bitmap:

OK things seemed to be really against me...

But in fact I found that this problem appears only on already configured controllers (RS 3.1 samples controllers) and a simple cold was not sufficient to remedy the problem. But forcing the reconfiguration these controllers permitted to solve the problem (Enter Properties and Press OK, not Cancel and then launch the controller and it works).

After having done that I made my mind that in fact this time the Webware SDK 4.0 screwed up the VC 32 configuration...

To summarize, in any way you install you have a problem:

1/ Installing first WebWare SDK 4.0 (build 437) and then RS 3.1 (build 2234), you have InterLink and WebWare SDK stuff that is screewed up by the InterLink of RS 3.1.

2/ Installing first RS 3.1 (build 2234) and then WebWare SDK 4.0 (build 437), you have VC 32 stuff that is screewed up by the VC 32 of WebWare SDK 4.0 that is an older version!

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

fleon38265,6654050926
  • Please see http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=209&PN=1&TPN=1 for information how to install Webware 4.0 SDK with RobotStudio 3.1.