ArcWelding for begginers

Hello, I've got a problem with arc welding power pac, I don't know how to start with that, I need to create station with 2 robots, where one holds welded part, while the another welds it. I don't know what, but I'm doing something wrong. When I use one robot it works. I don't really know how to create weld properly, but robot moves. When I use station with 2 robots, it doesn't work.
Have anyone seen some tutorials on the internet?
I would be really happy if anyone would help me somehow.

Comments

• Marmur911
    Marmur911 Poland
    edited December 2016
    Little update, I figured out how to create welds, but I have problem with robots sync, I want to create instruction for one robot wich is executed after the other robot finishes it's task.

need to create someting like this, I think about creating DO and DI signals to communicate between robots, like robot "says" reorient welded object. But I think it isn't correct way. I also thoud about syncronising it using time, but that seems incorrect as well. How to do that?
  • michael9886
    michael9886 Malaysia
    How do you create weld with AWPP ?
    Does anyone have tutorial/online training for AWPP ? The operating manual available is not easy to follow
  • michael9886
    michael9886 Malaysia
    How do you create weld with AWPP ?
    Does anyone have tutorial/online training for AWPP ? The operating manual available is not easy to follow
  • Interesting that nobody could or whants to answer this question, where is abb support?
  • jmf
    jmf South Africa
    Do you have multimove installed? If you have multimove, you could use syncID's to control both Robots. One with no welding the other with the welding procedure. 
  • Hi

I have just this month returned at the using of RS.

Can any one make a smalle tutorial on how to create a weld?

I really feel like a noob asking, since i have used the first RS versions for S4 and when RS 5 came out in 2008.

But been away for 6 years :)

Kent Zibrandtsen
    Dept manager robot welding
    [email protected]
  • IGlumac
    IGlumac Seattle WA
    Are these questions still valid?
    The very first question is a fairly difficult task to start with no additional training.
    I can post tutorial or a sections of it if people still need help.