Error at creating station

Hello everybody,

i worked with robot studio version 6.8 until yesterday (full license)

After installation RS 2019_4, i can no longer create stations with version 6.8.

If the control is to be generated from backup I have the following error.

RobotStudio .NET exception: C0040701 : One or more files in the release directory is corrupt and cannot be used when launching a VC.
IRobVC.Launch()
============================================
Base exception: RobApiException
C0040701 : One or more files in the release directory is corrupt and cannot be used when launching a VC.
IRobVC.Launch()
   bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei RobotStudio.Services.Systems.SystemBuilder.SystemBuilderGandalf.<CreateSystemFromBackupAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei RobotStudio.UI.Controller.DefineSystemCtrl.<CreateSystemFromBackupAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei RobotStudio.UI.Controller.DefineSystemCtrl.<CreateSystemAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
   bei ABBInternal.Controller.SystemFromLayout.CreateSystemCtrl.<ApplyAsync>d__19.MoveNext()

Does anyone know where this is coming from?

thank you in advance

Bodo

Answers

• Liam
    Liam Sweden admin
    Hi Bodo,

For assistance with this issue I recommend that you contact your local ABB Support team who can help you. You can find the contact information at https://new.abb.com/contact-centers.

Best Regards,
    Liam
  • XNOR
    XNOR United States
    I'm currently having this issue and it seems to be partly due to Admin privileges. Robotware installs to the Appdata directory of the user account. For non-admin accounts at my workplace it seems to not install correctly.