RobotStudio event

Startup Screen

Hello,

Is it by any chanse possible to prevent the splash screen (see below) to be shown when starting RS?

<@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<Beeth> And your point is?
<@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"

Comments

• Hello Melk,

Why do you want to prevent the splash screen to be shown when RS is starting up?

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ABB Automation Technologies
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • Hi Thomas,

Well, basically because i frequently have to run multiple short RS-sessions, and the screen is "holding me back" (for a very short time though). When RS is started i'd like to begin, and not wait for the screen to disappear. I know it's only for a few seconds, but after having waited for it over and over again, it gets on my nerves (especially when i'm in a rush).

Besides that it kinda reminds me of shareware software which, if not yet registered, shows similar screens.

A third reason would be the way how i use computers in general. My fingers pretty much race around the keyboard and i am bothered by everything that involves waiting (loading files, compiling, converting etc..)

Best regards,

Melk38167,7959027778
  • Hello Melk,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

OK, thank you for the information (I was just curious).

I am sorry to tell you but there is no way to prevent the splash screen to be shown, but if you click on it when it appears it will disappear a lot faster.

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • [QUOTE=Thomas]

....but if you click on it when it appears it will disappear a lot faster.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/QUOTE]

And so it does.. I've never tried it before but it certainly works.. Thanx Wink

But may i be so bold to suggest to add a checkbox (in a future update of RS) which enables/disables the screen to appear? Or perhapse just won't show anymore after having entered your license key?

Best regards,

• Hello Melk,

Thank you for your suggestion!image

I have reported this to the development department, so maybe in the future there will be a checkbox for this.image

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ATMA/RO/AIS