RobotStudio event

Startup Screen

Options

Hello,

Is it by any chanse possible to prevent the splash screen (see below) to be shown when starting RS?

<@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<Beeth> And your point is?
<@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"

Comments

• Thomas
    Options

Hello Melk,

Why do you want to prevent the splash screen to be shown when RS is starting up?

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ABB Automation Technologies
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • Melk
    Options

Hi Thomas,

Well, basically because i frequently have to run multiple short RS-sessions, and the screen is "holding me back" (for a very short time though). When RS is started i'd like to begin, and not wait for the screen to disappear. I know it's only for a few seconds, but after having waited for it over and over again, it gets on my nerves (especially when i'm in a rush).

Besides that it kinda reminds me of shareware software which, if not yet registered, shows similar screens.

A third reason would be the way how i use computers in general. My fingers pretty much race around the keyboard and i am bothered by everything that involves waiting (loading files, compiling, converting etc..)

Best regards,

Melk38167,7959027778
  • Thomas
    Options

Hello Melk,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

OK, thank you for the information (I was just curious).

I am sorry to tell you but there is no way to prevent the splash screen to be shown, but if you click on it when it appears it will disappear a lot faster.

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • Melk
    Options
    [QUOTE=Thomas]

....but if you click on it when it appears it will disappear a lot faster.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/QUOTE]

And so it does.. I've never tried it before but it certainly works.. Thanx Wink

But may i be so bold to suggest to add a checkbox (in a future update of RS) which enables/disables the screen to appear? Or perhapse just won't show anymore after having entered your license key?

Best regards,

• Thomas
    Options

Hello Melk,

Thank you for your suggestion!image

I have reported this to the development department, so maybe in the future there will be a checkbox for this.image

Best regards,

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ATMA/RO/AIS