RobotStudio event

[Request] Add calibration marks on virtual manipulators

Options
innebandy
innebandy ✭✭
edited March 2022 in UpFeed
Hello,
Some manipulators from ABB library in RobotStudio doesn't have calibration marks on it. Other robots have it, but the marks are not same as the real robots. I haven't checked all manipulators, but Here are some examples.
Ex1: IRB2400: mark of axis1 is different from the real one and no marks at axis2 ~ axis6. 
Ex2: IRB2600: marks of axis2,3 are different from the real one and no mark for axis6.
Ex3: IRB4400: no marks for all axes. 
I wish it could be fixed in the next release.

Comments

• Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Hello Innebandy,

Could you please elaborate on this request and provide one more more use case(s) for having these calibration marks on a virtual manipulator?

Thanks!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • innebandy
    Options
    A customer has IRB2400, for example.
    When I have to teach the customer about 'Revolution counter update' without the same type of robot next to me, I use RobotStudio instead of it to demonstrate the procedure. However, I have difficulty to explain details on the location and shape, because there are no calibration marks on the virtual manipulator.
  • Tompanhuhu
    Options
    The marks are illustrated well in the specific robot manual. But of course the more exact the models are in RS the better. 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • Hello,

A short update on this request.
    • The teams that are developing the CAD-models are aware of this request and will try to include the calibration marks on the manipulators in the future.
    • Released models that do not have the marks will not have them added.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • innebandy
    Options
    That's good news. THX  :)