RobotStudio event

RSConnectDIOToSnap7 TCP error

Hello, 

I'm using the smart component add-in RSConnectDIOToSnap7 to simulate the Profinet communication between a Siemens PLC S7-1500 (I have the real device but I've tried also with PLCSIM Advanced) and the virtual controller on RobotStudio 2022. I've followed the various tutorial on youtube and read the guide from the creator of the add-in.
When I set "connect" on the smart component, I get the following error:
"WW: RSConnectDIOToSnap7 error: TCP :Error receiving Data"
PLCSIM is on the real machine, while RobotStudio is on the virtual one. I can ping the PLCSIM from the virtual machine.
Did anyone have the same issue? Could it be a compatibility issue betweeen the smart component and RobotStudio 2022?

Comments

• Hello,
    Do you use NetToPLCSim?
    Do you activate Promiscuous mode for your virtual network adapter?
    You can use WireShark to look what's happens.
    What do you set in Rack and Slot?
  • @dragolollo : Did you manage to something?

• dragolollo
    edited January 2023
    No, unfortunately I didn't.
    I didn't use NetToPLCSim with PLCSIM Advanced because it should not be necessary, anyway I've tried also with PLCSIM "standard" + NetToPLCSim and the result was the same. 
    In Rack and Slot I set 0/1.
    I still have to try with promiscuous mode, for the moment the project has stopped so maybe I'll try again in the next weeks.
    Just for having an alternative method, I've tried with OPC UA communication and it worked.
  • Hello, 

I experienced the same problem as dragolollo and I do not see what the problem is. I use robotstudio 2021 with RSConnectDIOToSnap7. PLCSim Advanced with NetToPLCSim. If I don't use NEtToPLCSim I received the message 'Connection error'. For the virtual networkadapter I activated Promiscuous mode but I still get the error 'Error receiving Data' in Robotstudio. I prefer to do not switch to OPC UA communication. Somebody any idea what it could be or what I could try?