RobotStudio event

Offset Workobjects

I am building a fixture with 4 stations in a square. The 4 parts are identical. I want to only program one and Offset the others. I am thinking of using a Workobject Offset. Is this my best choice? If so could someone give me a basic example?  I use a lot of basic "Pose" X,Y,Z Offsets now but they are not Workobject Offsets. 

Answers

• What are you doing with the parts?  Picking and placing?  Welding on them (MIG or Spot)?
    Lee Justice
  • I am welding them

• Sorry, mig welding
  • OK.  Something I did not think to ask is this:  are they all placed in a "perfect" X or Y plane from the robot or are they "imperfect" in that they are at some angle or deviate from being uniformly spaced?
    Lee Justice
  • I would say that they are as good as it gets. My fixture is a Large Square with 4 smaller squares that have fixtures in them. Top left / Top right. / Lower left / Lower right.  Does that make sense?
  • It does.  You could teach the first workobject and part, then teach the other three workobjects just the same and call the same points with their respective workobjects.  If you find a deviation, you could tweak in the workobject data to fine tune the other parts, if necessary.
    Lee Justice
  • so you are saying make 4 workobjects?   It does make sense to me to do it that way. What about making my first work object and just typing in the numbers for the remaining 3?

• That is fine if you have good measurements for their offset from the first.  The robot is real good at measuring, btw.  I have done similar, after ensuring that I have an accurate tcp.
    Lee Justice