RobotStudio event

I want to know Best Practices for Optimizing RAPID Code in Complex Robot Tasks

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project that involves programming a robotic arm using RAPID & i m seeking advice on optimizing the code for complex tasks. My particular challenge has to do with a task where the robot has to move precisely, manipulate objects & integrate sensors among other things in a sequential manner.

I was able to get the essential functionality to function but as the task complexity has increased, the code has grown a little complicated and challenging to maintain. I am worried that this could lead to inefficiencies or even errors as the project scales.

Could anyone share best practices for structuring RAPID code when dealing with complex tasks? 

What is Tips for maintaining code readability and organization.
What is Strategies for efficient error handling in RAPID.
There are any common pitfalls to avoid when programming complex sequences.

Also i have read this resorse/artical; https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/14137/multimove-task-modules-display-in ai-vs-cyber-security-code-editor-a-simple-survey but have not found any solution  if you have any advice or resources please share with me. I would greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Answers

• Breaking the code into routines/ procedures (and to a lesser extent modules) makes it easier to see what is going on in the program/task and therefore maintain.
    If in doubt I make more routines than less. this makes the calling routine less complex.