Gantry XYZ External Axis Configuration
I have recently created a system with 3 external axes (XYZ linear axes) from backup, which was provided by ABB in Gothenburg. The external axis is a 3 axis gantry, where an IRB2400 is mounted. My problem is as follows:
- The XYZ external axes are configured to move in +X, +Y and +Z. The +Z movement is towards the ground, which is contrary to the RS world coordinate system.
- The 3 axis mechanism is setup to move in +X, +Y and +Z. However +Z movement is now away from the floor, which is according to the RS world coordinate system.
- This mismatch causes problems when programming movements in the Z direction.
- Is it possible to change the configuration of the external axis system, so that the Z movement is according to the RS world coordinate system?
- When creating a mechanism (RS 5.08), is it possible to define +Z movement towards the floor? (When I try, +Z is always away from the floor, according to the RS world coordinate system....)
- 9.8K All Categories
- 5K RobotStudio
- 320 UpFeed
- 7 Tutorials
- 272 PowerPacs
- 401 RobotStudio S4
- 3 RobotStudio AR Viewer
- 597 RAPID Programming
- 12 Wizard Easy Programming
- 2.5K Robot Controller
- 164 IRC5
- 25 OmniCore
- 5 RCS (Realistic Controller Simulation)
- 1.7K Developer Tools
- 224 ScreenMaker
- 88 Collaborative Robots