RobotStudio event

Cant write an SD card with RobotStudio 2024

Greetings !
I am trying to create a new SD card for a 6700 irc5 robot with no success.
I tried from three different PC-s to create a system with Installation Manager 6 > Recovery Disk tool, but when I select my backup the software stays at "please insert SD card into your computer".
Whatever I do RobotStudio does not recognize the SD card ...
I've tried different SD card formatting- fat32,exFAT,ntfs  etc.
Im using Kingston 8gb industrial grade SD cards - these are the only ones I have at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• jarmster
    jarmster
    edited October 18
    Put system in New Flash drive — ABB Robotics User Forums (robotstudio.com)

might help

not sure how old your irc5 is. 
    if newer I would review  The recovery disk function in manual 3HAC050940-001.pdf Operating manual IRC5 Integrator's guide
    Says original ABB sd card. 
    Read Erase data from SD-card. did you perform this before
    Post edited by jarmster on
  • jarmster said:
    Put system in New Flash drive — ABB Robotics User Forums (robotstudio.com)

might help

not sure how old your irc5 is. 
    if newer I would review  The recovery disk function in manual 3HAC050940-001.pdf Operating manual IRC5 Integrator's guide
    Says original ABB sd card. 
    Read Erase data from SD-card. did you perform this before

Thank you for the reply, jarmster !

To answer your questions-
    - The irc5 controller is from around 2016
    - the RW version is 6.04
    - and the erase disc procedure seems to get stuck on the same prompt - please insert sd card

Seems like I really need a original ABB sd card - not only an industrial grade one.
  • Where did you purchase the sd cards. Beware there is alot of fakes online from places like ebay and amazon. I've experienced it first hand.
  • jarmster said:
    Where did you purchase the sd cards. Beware there is alot of fakes online from places like ebay and amazon. I've experienced it first hand.

Thank you for the help jarmster, I seem to have resolved my issue by making an image from the robot sd card  to the new one using another software. After that robotstudio allowed me to use clean disc & write a recovery disc.
  • excellect, glad to hear