RobotStudio event

Help with External Axes Setup

Options
How do you setup external axes on a controller in RS3.1? I did this on an older version of RS but I don't know what I am missing. I have added the option for external axes to the controllers in robot browser and restored all system config files from my controller backup except MOC. If you load MOC it causes an error. In my backup the only place I see the external axes names are in MOC.  I have created the objects and know I need to setup the links, joints, and frame in kinematic modeler. But I don't seem to be able to set up the drive units.  
Mike C

Comments

• jhaglund
    Options

I am also having problems trying to add an external axis.  I tried 3 different robots, 4400, 6400R, and 6600, and created a virtual controller with one external axis.  I imported the robot, and the controller started just fine.  I then imported the track - T6002_7_7.rlb.  Next, I selected Controller Setup, Ext. Axis, and added the parameter file T6001_7_7.cfg.  The controller crashed during the warm start with the message "Abbs4vc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. ...".  I have been trying various combinations for the last 3 days, including removing and re-installing RS and RobInstall, but still the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Jim Haglund
  • Thomas
    Options

Hi,

image You can download "TSG_RS 36 How to set up a track - external axes" or "TSG_RS 42 How do I coordinate the motion of a track mounted robot with two positioners" from SolutionsBank or software subscription portal?

Best regards,
    Thomas Andersson

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ABB Automation Technologies
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • Please someone here help me on how to create our own external axis using kinematic modeler. I already create the external axis using kinematic modeler. The problem is, where can i get the cfg file? Because the cfg file in the robot studio is for the ABB standard external axis only.

Thanks

ABB Malaysia
  • Thomas
    Options

Hi zainudin,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please send an e-mail to the software support address where you explain what it is that you want to do.image

Please also include a .zip file with your station and external axis.

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • [QUOTE=Thomas]

Hi zainudin,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please send an e-mail to the software support address where you explain what it is that you want to do.image

Please also include a .zip file with your station and external axis.

[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Can you please give me the software support address? Thanks.

ABB Malaysia
  • Thomas
    Options

Hi,

Please give me your e-mail address so I can send the address to you.image

Thomas Andersson
    Support Engineer
    ATMA/RO/AIS
  • [QUOTE=Thomas]

Hi,

Please give me your e-mail address so I can send the address to you.image