3DConnexion mouse in RS 6.03

tckooltckool The Netherlands
Hello,

I just got a 3DConnexion spacenavigator from a colleague. I installed all the drivers and the mouse is working great in many applications. Unfortunately, in RobotStudio I can only zoom in an out with the mouse, although all the other options are activated.
I tried to edit commands in the "customize commands" window, or from the options window but I couldn't find anything related. 
Anyone here knows how to activate all the other options to move around freely in the simulation?

Best regards,
Thomas

Comments

• svoldgaardsvoldgaard Denmark ✭✭
    Hmm. Mine just worked after I installed it. didn't have to activate anything. 
  • tckooltckool The Netherlands
    What version of RobotStudio are you working with if I may ask you?
  • svoldgaardsvoldgaard Denmark ✭✭
    hmm I think I have 5.15, 5.60, 6.0, 6.01, 6.02 and 6.03
    I'll try installing an older version of RS. Keep you posted

I have installed different versions of RobotStudio, without success. My colleague is dealing with the same issues as I described above. I guess we just have to stick to the ordinary mouse and keyboard
  • Neily03Neily03 United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    Are you using the latest drivers from 3Dconnexion?
  • Johannes WeimanJohannes Weiman ABB Sweden admin
    It should "just work". Which OS and driver version are you using? Have you tested it with other apps?
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
    I have downloaded the latest drivers from the website here: http://www.3dconnexion.eu/service/drivers.html. I'm running windows 10 (my colleague windows 7). I also tested it with other apps and there the functionalities do work. From next week on I'm back at the office, I can give more detailed information about drivers etc. then. Thanks for your efforts.
  • daguilardaguilar Irun, Spain
    I've just open the box of mine and install it. It's working fine on RS 6.04.01....  I don't know if there is a way to change how the mouse move the 3d models on RS....

Un saludokind regards,

Daniel Aguilar

Automation Engineering

• Hi

Don't want to open additional discussion, so...
    RobotStudio 2020.2 (64-bit)
    Version 20.2.9116.0
    3D Connxion SpaceMouse

Mouse works good, but I am wondering how to switch betwwen controlling 1-3 axis and 4-6 axis while using that mouse - same as on flexpendand. On default I can control only 1-3 axis. If I try to switch it be virtual flexpendand it does not take effect.

• Found an answer to the problem, if anyone needs that as well: instruction in attachemnt - thanks to PolyRobotics company.