RobotStudio event

Suggestion (or question): Copy/paste "target data"

Hi
Sometimes I miss the ability to copy and paste the position and rotation of a target in relation to it's parent.

Example:
-Two identical fixtures
- Each has a wobj and a robtarget wFixt1 and pFixt1 (and wFixt2 and pFixt2)
- after modpos of pFixt1 in wFixt it would be nice to right-click pFixt1 and "copy target data" and then right-click pFixt2 and apply "Target data".

Maybe there is already another way of doing this?

/David

Comments

• graemepaulin
    edited October 2018

Hmm can not get the snip to attach or insert...

Had to switch to Chrome from IE to get it to work!!??

• graemepaulin
    edited October 2018

You can select copy to workobject from context menu (when you right click on the target).

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Would be great to have "Copy to RAPID Format". So you can paste formatted text in your RAPID code.
  • You can select copy to workobject from context menu (when you right click on the target).

That's a nice feature but I rarely use this because it creates a new target. In most cases I already have my program with e.g. pFixt1 and pFixt2 declared in RAPID code.
  • DenisFR said:
    Hello,
    Would be great to have "Copy to RAPID Format". So you can paste formatted text in your RAPID code.
    Maybe this is harder because a robtarget has more information than the target has, RobConf etc?
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    DavidR said:
    Maybe this is harder because a robtarget has more information than the target has, RobConf etc?
    Or at least as Pose.

And Paste from RAPID text too.
    Not only for Pose but for lot of types.