RobotStudio event

Flex pendant not working properly in Robotstudio

I am working on a project for school,  but can not get the FP to work. In the previous project it was working just fine, but that one was created from a system backup from an actual controller. This one is virtual so I assume I am missing something in setting up my station. I would be grateful if someone could help me getting it too work properly

Comments

• Try making a backup and then reset (I-start) your virtual controller. Then restore the backup.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Bumping this as I have the same problem but in 6.08, I have done what you suggested Henrik but nothing changed. I have uninstalled all versions of Robotstudio and I've installed them again. Still not working.

If i change movement through the button in the flexpendant i get an error

Full error message is in the attached txt file.

I can open an old robot and station but whenever i create a system and use that I get this problem.
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg
  • Any update on this issue?  I'm having the same problem and it's a new install. 

• Same Issue here, it's only a problem on a specific station. Others work fine.
  • AlexK said:
    Bumping this as I have the same problem but in 6.08, I have done what you suggested Henrik but nothing changed. I have uninstalled all versions of Robotstudio and I've installed them again. Still not working.

If i change movement through the button in the flexpendant i get an error

Full error message is in the attached txt file.

I can open an old robot and station but whenever i create a system and use that I get this problem.
    Did you solved this problem ,ı'm  taking this error ,how do you fixed this error,
  • Just going to add that I am having the same issue. 

The lack of response on these issues is fairly typical of ABB, so I will update if I find a solution. Short of an I-start there doesn't seem much to help fix the host of weird virtual controller bugs in robot studio. The I-start "solution" is okay if the issue doesn't come back when you reload your backup in, but that's not always the case. 

Overall, I'm not sure why the level of support at ABB is so lackluster, but I know it has caused them to lose jobs with some of our customers (end of rant for now!)
  • To update, performing an I-start did not solve the issue for me. Restarting Robotstudio did not solve the issue for me, however, restarting my computer solved the issue. 

To me this suggests that it is a background service that Robotstudio is running that shut down or failed, and a computer restart fixed the issue. 
  • To update, performing an I-start did not solve the issue for me. Restarting Robotstudio did not solve the issue for me, however, restarting my computer solved the issue. 

To me this suggests that it is a background service that Robotstudio is running that shut down or failed, and a computer restart fixed the issue. 
    Hi Dave,

If you experience any further issues with this, please create a RobotStudio Report using the RobotStudio Support Tool (can be accessed via the ABB folder in Windows Start menu or via the help section of RobotStudio options tab) and contact your local ABB (contact details can be found at https://new.abb.com/contact-centers) to report the issue, and provide them with the report so that the issue can be investigated.

Best regards,
    Liam