RobotStudio event

Can i see frame moved by mechanical unit show in the system parameters?

And still one more noob question:
How would frame moved by mechanical unit show in the system parameters?
Is there an entry I can check?

Comments

• Depends on what you mean by frame. If you mean a mechanism, for example a robot on track, is the setting in the motion parameters (moc): Motion - Robot - Base Frame Moved by - TRACK_1. If it is a workobject moved by a mechanical unit, its defined directly in that workobject. This workobject is moved by mechanical unit "M8DM1": 
    TASK PERS wobjdata Workobject_1:=[FALSE,TRUE,"M8DM1",[[0,0,0],[1,0,0,0]],[[0,0,0],[1,0,0,0]]];
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited June 2019
    Ah thanks, both but I was looking for the track one.
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited June 2019
    Turning it on makes controler no longer start up
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited June 2019
    Simple rspag (2x ibr120, rtt_bobin), 3 separate tasks for each.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WM02UCoIYm4mTrqENnQhBtKCY5l840Q-/view?usp=sharing
    Whe I try to make the baseframe of either robot moved by rtt_bobin by either linking them or changing the motion paramters under robot  the controler fails starting up again. Errors look similar to

50348: Log signal definition failed
    Description
    Definition of a signal failed for ROB_1, axis 6 on channel 0.
    Causes
    The signal number does not correspond to an actual log signal.

50348: Log signal definition failed
    Description
    Definition of a signal failed for ROB_1, axis 3 on channel 0.
    Causes
    The signal number does not correspond to an actual log signal.

I understand it cannot connect to both but 1 should work? Am I doing this wrong?
    How long could it potentially take to start up the controler?

• k_schmid
    k_schmid
    edited June 2019
     Does "Baseframe moved by mechanical unit" work between different tasks (robot is 1 task, mechanical unit another)?
    I have been told I may need Dual resolvers to use the same elevator for 2 robots, where could I find more information?
  • Can I move the base frame in rapid?
  • The Baseframe is stored in the motion system parameter which requires a restart for changes to take effect - so I would say the answer is no you can not change it via RAPID.
  • Thanks, so how does baseframe coordinated by mechanical unit work under the hood?
    I am still trying tio figure out this but cannot reallty get it to work with just 1 if they are all in separate tasks

• kschmid
    kschmid
    edited July 2019
    Since nothing else works how about giving each robot task its own elevator even if there is just one? Running out of ideas and time to get this set up
    Post edited by kschmid on
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited July 2019
    We cannot be the first people trying this so we are probably just reinventing the wheel in a bad way..
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited July 2019
    We are pretty much trying to set something similar than this (our track is vertical and moves the robots). How is the coordination done in robotstudio? It worked in 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGh1viioVA IRBT 2005 Track Motion from ABB Robotics
    Is it worth trying with ros industrial instead?

• k_schmid
    k_schmid
    edited July 2019
    We are really stuck with that: Can 1 track be shared by 2 robots in a synchronous way? Whats the setup? Any help appreciated
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited July 2019
    I have to assume this i s very hard or impossible? Or highly unusual at least?
  • This is with abb support now