RobotStudio event

Move relative to world?

Options
Hello,

I am trying to make a pick up sequence for at depalletizing robot. (Study project) 

To use the sequence on several pallets, and box positions i would like to make a relative move. Is there a move function, to move relative to world coordinates?
I would like to change this code, so i can use it on more pallets. 

Best regards

Jesper

Comments

• graemepaulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The offset function offsets the robtarget and returns the resultant offset robtarget to in this case the move instruction.
    The move instruction may be referenced to a workobject in which case the x, y, z directions are those of the work object, if no workobject in the move instruction then they will be referenced to the robot base frame.

So in your example this becomes: MoveL offs(A1,-100, -100, 100), v100 ,fine, \wobj:=wobj184;
  • jthyge
    Options
    Ok, so the robottarget in a Offs only defines the orientation, not the location? That would work then. 

• graemepaulin
    Options
    The offs values are added to the robotarget values for the location.
  • jthyge
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the explanation. Then the offs will not work i my case. 
    I need a function to move eg. 1500 down, no matter the location of the robot. So that i can use the PickUp PROC in all locations on the pallet/pallets.
    Maybe absolute movement would be the right word. 
    When i read the RAPID technical reference, this is not possible?

What solution should user, so i can reuse the same piece of code for at PickUp, i different locations? 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Use CRobT function to store the current position in a robtarget variable, then use Offs(pVariable,0, 0, -1500).
    Lee Justice
  • jthyge
    Options
    Perfect, that was just the function i needed. 
    Thanks.