RobotStudio event

PC SDK read main processor temperature for robotware R6.03+ error!

Hi,
I made a app to read main processor temperature from the controller,it works well for robotware R5.xx (6600,1600)and R6.03(1200) below,but failed for robotware R6.03+ version.The below is the code :
-----------------------------------
            try
            {
                Controller[] controllers = entrance();
                for (int i = 0; i < controllers.Count(); i++)
                {
                    int ram = controllers[i].MainComputerServiceInfo.RamSize;
                    float ran = controllers[i].MainComputerServiceInfo.Temperature;
                    Console.WriteLine("RAM :" + ram);
                    Console.WriteLine("TEM:" + ran);
                }
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {

throw e;
            }
--------------------------------
The below is the error informaion:
--------------------------------
 ABB.Robotics.GenericControllerException: C0048416 : The URL used to initialize the helper does not resolve to a valid object.
ERROR: rdh_devices.cpp[209]: org_code: -12 new_code: 0xc0048416;
Url:/DEVICES/HW_DEVICES/CONTROLLER/COMPUTER_SYSTEM/CPU_AND_MEM_MC/MC_CPU/PROPERTY_MC_CPU_TEMPERATURE  Cmd:Get  Prop:Value  Args:  Elapsed:1  CurrentCmds:0
History:
-00:00:00.1404174 [1] SendCommand url: cmd:Set prop:LogonUser arg:-name "Default User" -pwd "08;sqepvldu" -locale Remote -app "" -loc "RDMP-IPC001" -alias "Administrator"
-00:00:00.1250431 [1] status:294912 data:-Uid 105
-00:00:00.1250431 [2] SendCommand url: cmd:Get prop:IsOptionPresent arg:-Option PCIN
-00:00:00.1250431 [2] status:294912 data:-OptionPresent 1
-00:00:00.0624683 [3] SendCommand url:/RAPID cmd:GET prop:TaskPanel arg:-mark 0 -noelts -1
-00:00:00.0624683 [4] SendCommand url:/CONFIG/MMC/IOVIEW_BLOCK/IOViewBlockIfMotorsOff/enabled cmd:Get prop:Value arg:
-00:00:00.0624683 [3] status:294912 data:-noelts,all,mark,cc     2,1,         0, ...
-00:00:00.0624683 [4] status:294912 data:0
-00:00:00.0312519 [5] SendCommand url: cmd:Set prop:LogoffUser arg:-Uid 105
-00:00:00.0312519 [5] status:294912 data:
00:00:00 [6] SendCommand url:/DEVICES/HW_DEVICES/CONTROLLER/COMPUTER_SYSTEM/CPU_AND_MEM_MC/MC_CPU/PROPERTY_MC_CPU_TEMPERATURE cmd:Get prop:Value arg:
00:00:00 [6] status:-1073445866 data:ERROR: rdh_devices.cpp[209]: org_code: -...

Answers

• Is anyone met such kind of problem?I have checked the new PC SDK document ,the method is the same.Hope someone can give me any supports, really appreciate! :):)
  • I have never encountered such a problem myself, but I did find this thread which described the same error. They seemed to resolve it by creating a new virtual system. 
  • xerim said:
    I have never encountered such a problem myself, but I did find this thread which described the same error. They seemed to resolve it by creating a new virtual system. 
    Do you use the same code and Robotware?What's your OS to run the app.
    Would you please send me the compiled program which can read the temperature above the RobotWare 6.03, I want to try running on my Robot.
    Thanks a lot.
  • I'm eager for someone can give me more help. :'(
  • Have you tried creating a new virtual system? 
  • Hello Leon,

If help isn't available via the user forums, please contact your local ABB via https://new.abb.com/contact-centers

Thanks!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • xerim said:
    Have you tried creating a new virtual system? 
    I don't know how iss the new virtual system used for.The error occured when the app connect a real controller.It runs well with the virtual robot what ever the robotware version is.It runs well with the real controllers which robotware version is 6.03 below.
    Can you give me an example code which reads the temperature successfully?
    Thanks a lot..orz
  • Hello Leon,

If help isn't available via the user forums, please contact your local ABB via https://new.abb.com/contact-centers

Thanks!
    Dear Maxim Riabichev,
    Thanks for your advice.
    I have contacted the local agent two weeks ago, there's no reply up to now.= =!
  • Maxim Riabichev
    edited January 2021
    Leon,

Have you tried running your code towards a VC?

I've tried to fetch RamSize and Temperature from a VC (RW6.03) and I am not getting any errors.

Working from home, I do not have access to test this on a RC.

Maxim Riabichev
  • Leon,

Have you tried running your code towards a VC?

I've tried to fetch RamSize and Temperature from a VC (RW6.03) and I am not getting any errors.

Working from home, I do not have access to test this on a RC.

It runs well on a VC or RC of Robotware 6.03,but not well for 6.03 plus, for example 6.07 or 6.08, the same code doesn't work. -.-!
  • I have tried the code toward a VC with RW6.08.01 and I am not getting any exceptions.
    Perhaps the error emerges due to the loop?

Have you verified that you're getting the exception if you try to get MainComputerServiceInfo.Temperature and/or MainComputerServiceInfo.RamSize from one single RC/VC?

Maxim Riabichev
  • Dear Maxim Riabichev,
    I confirmed that it runs OK on a VC,but not OK on a RC.For example , I tried to read temperature on a 6700 robot which RobotWare is 
    6.7.0.0 (logon with: username:Default User, psw:robotics), it threw the exceptions as below:
    -----------------
    ABB.Robotics.GenericControllerException: C0048416 : The URL used to initialize the helper does not resolve to a valid object.ERROR: rdh_devices.cpp[209]: org_code: -12 new_code: 0xc0048416;Url:/DEVICES/HW_DEVICES/CONTROLLER/COMPUTER_SYSTEM/CPU_AND_MEM_MC/MC_CPU/PROPERTY_MC_CPU_TEMPERATURE  Cmd:Get  Prop:Value  Args:  Elapsed:1  CurrentCmds:0History:-00:00:00.1249953 [1] SendCommand url: cmd:Set prop:LogonUser arg:-name "Default User" -pwd "08;sqepvldu" -locale Remote -app "" -loc "RDMP-IPC005" -alias "Administrator"-00:00:00.1093799 [1] status:294912 data:-Uid 107-00:00:00.1093799 [2] SendCommand url: cmd:Get prop:IsOptionPresent arg:-Option PCIN-00:00:00.1093799 [2] status:294912 data:-OptionPresent 1-00:00:00.0468797 [3] SendCommand url:/CONFIG/MMC/IOVIEW_BLOCK/IOViewBlockIfMotorsOff/enabled cmd:Get prop:Value arg:-00:00:00.0468797 [4] SendCommand url:/RAPID cmd:GET prop:TaskPanel arg:-mark 0 -noelts -1-00:00:00.0468797 [3] status:294912 data:0-00:00:00.0468797 [4] status:294912 data:-noelts,all,mark,cc     4,1,         0, ...-00:00:00.0312542 [5] SendCommand url: cmd:Set prop:LogoffUser arg:-Uid 107-00:00:00.0312542 [5] status:294912 data:00:00:00 [6] SendCommand url:/DEVICES/HW_DEVICES/CONTROLLER/COMPUTER_SYSTEM/CPU_AND_MEM_MC/MC_CPU/PROPERTY_MC_CPU_TEMPERATURE cmd:Get prop:Value arg:00:00:00 [6] status:-1073445866 data:ERROR: rdh_devices.cpp[209]: org_code: -...
  • I have tried the code toward a VC with RW6.08.01 and I am not getting any exceptions.
    Perhaps the error emerges due to the loop?

Have you verified that you're getting the exception if you try to get MainComputerServiceInfo.Temperature and/or MainComputerServiceInfo.RamSize from one single RC/VC?
    Dear Maxim Riabichev,
    Is there any new suggestion ?

Best wishes,

• Hello Leon,

First, try to replicate this issue toward a controller running the latest RobotWare.

If the issue persists, please contact your local ABB and provide as much information as you can regarding this issue. Send them a sample program that they can test.

If it can be confirmed as a bug, it will be sent to R&D for investigation.

Maxim Riabichev
  • @Maxim Riabichev do you get values != 0 when running with a VC? I've tried with VC but only get value = 0 as feedback.  (same when I'm trying to read RAM)
  • Well, that would make sense, wouldn't it? Since a VC doesn't really have RAM nor a Temperature.. :)

Maxim Riabichev
  • haha, true and clear. :wink:
    But the problem is that I'm also not getting any temperature feedback from the real robot. I'm trying to read temperature from single-arm YuMi but just getting: 
    "error downloading file form RC ABB.Robotics.GenericControllerException: C0048416 : The URL used to initialize the helper does not resolve to a valid object."

static void getTemp()
    {
    	Controller RC;
    	while ((RC = CreateController("real")) == null)
    	{
    	}
    	Console.WriteLine("connected");
    	RC.Logon(UserInfo.DefaultUser);
    	Console.WriteLine("login");

try
    	{
    		Console.WriteLine("temperature:\t" + RC.MainComputerServiceInfo.Temperature)
    	}
    	catch (Exception ex)
    	{
    		Console.WriteLine("error downloading file form RC " + ex);
    	}
    	// Log off and dispose
    	RC.Logoff();
    	RC.Dispose();
    }

• Hello.
    Unfortunately this is a known bug. R&D is informed and are working on a solution

Nils Olofsson

• I got it.So does it mean this bug will be resolved by the next version  PC SDK?
  • Hello.
    I do not have any set target release at the moment. I will post an update here when I get a target release. 

Nils Olofsson