RobotStudio event

Safemove Function Mappings

Hello, I am about to prepare offline a profisafe communication between siemens plc and irb. Can someone explain to me how to understand "Function mapping" and how to work with it? 
Additionally I couldn't find any helpful information how to understand "CommissioningModeActive" and when it is used exactly.

Comments

• How did this work out for you?I am using some Profisafe signals between controller and external Profinet host. Need to send e-stop status and receive external e-stop and machine gates status.  So far I have connected the function "LocalEmergencyStopStatus" to the Profisafe output via "Function mappings" It seems there are only two input functions here, "ExtComShutdownAck" and "SafetyEnable".

• Hello, I am about to prepare offline a profisafe communication between siemens plc and irb. Can someone explain to me how to understand "Function mapping" and how to work with it? 
    Additionally I couldn't find any helpful information how to understand "CommissioningModeActive" and when it is used exactly.

Hi Marek,

Did you solve your problem ? 
    I have the same, I can not add my confiugured SDI to the singals in Safe IO confidurator 
  • I would of course suggest you go on a SafeMove course to learn the correct way to use it. To configure the IO signals in Profisafe you must do it in the I/O Engineering Tool which you will find under the Controller tab in RobotStudio and pick from the ribbon Configuration and then I/O Engineering tool.