Can’t start 5.07 stations with 5.08

jhaglundjhaglund United States

After installing RS 5.08, I found I could not start some stations that were created with 5.07.  I get the message: RobVCFactory.Launch failed, hr=c0040702  One or more files in the system directory is corrupt and cannot be used when launching a VC.

Unfortunately, there is no way to guess what files are corrupt or missing.  The system is an IRB6650_275_200_M2004.  I have tried re-installing a 5.07 version of RW, but with no change in the error message or results.

I've got 6 - 8 stations saved that use this same system, and I don't want to have to recreate the thousands of targets and several hundred paths.

BTW - I did a install/repair of RS 5.08 because the RS Support Tool would crash every time I tried to run it.  Now the log file only echos the dialog message or a VC timeout message.

Jim Haglund

Comments

• Anders SAnders S Sweden mod

Hi,

The message indicates that something is wrong with the RW you use for the system. Are you sure that you re-installed the same 5.07 version that your system is created with?

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • jhaglundjhaglund United States
    Thanks.  That was the problem.  It just took me a little while to find the RW version without the controller running.
    Jim Haglund